- duolingo // learn languages for free
- rhymezone // type in a word and find words that rhyme
- onelook // reverse dictionary
- hemingwayapp // check your essay for readability
- thesaurus // find synonyms, antonyms and more
- planetebook & gutenberg // free ebooks
- coursera // free online courses
- realtimeboard // a virtual pinboard
- pianotte & imslp // free piano sheet music
- tunefind // find songs used in movies and tv shows
- tothebestof // listen to the top 10 songs of any band or musical artist
- omgcatz // download 8tracks playlists
- tags.goose // mass tumblr tag replacer
- colorpicker // helps you choose #hex colours
- wordmark // helps you decide on fonts from your computer
- iemoji // copy+paste tool for ios emojis on browsers
- simpledesktops & subtlepatterns // simple desktop backgrounds
- fount // identify fonts on websites
- dafont & googlefonts // places to find lots of fonts
- wigflip // pixel speech bubble generator
- myfridgefood // check what stuff you have in your fridge and get some recipe ideas
- roadtrippers // tool to plan a roadtrip across america
- recitethis // turn a quote into a masterpiece
- letterboxd // organize the movies you’ve watched, loved and plan on watching
- soundrown // listen to various calming sounds
caligula had anime eyes
wait romans painted their marble sculptures
it looks like a cheap theme park ride mascot
here’s a statue of Augustus
and here’s a reproduction of the statue with the colors restored
i honestly think that what we consider the height of sculpture in all of Western civilization being essentially the leftover templates of gaudy pieces of theme park shit to be evidence of the potential merit of found art
"I tried coloring it and then I ruined it"
And you know what the funniest part is? The paint didn’t just wear off over time. A bunch of asshole British historians back in the Victorian era actually went around scrubbing the remaining paint off of Greek and Roman statues - often destroying the fine details of the carving in the process - because the bright colours didn’t fit the dignified image they wished to present of the the cultures they claimed to be heirs to. This process also removed visible evidence of the fact that at least some of the statues thus stripped of paint had originally depicted non-white individuals.
Whenever you look at a Roman statue with a bare marble face, you’re looking at the face of imperialist historical revisionism.
(The missing noses on a lot of Egyptian statues are a similar deal. It’s not that the ancient Egyptians made statues with strangely fragile noses. Many Victorian archaeologists had a habit of chipping the noses off of the statues they brought back, then claiming that they’d found them that way - because with the noses intact, it was too obvious that the statues were meant to depict individuals of black African descent.)
Wait, wait, wait, I have an amazing new idea. How about we fix the American school system.
What the hell is even going on in America
I think Americans ask that all the time.
i’d seen this picture like 10 fucking times and i had no idea what was so funny or why people were reblogging it and i’d googled both of their names trying to figure it out and i was still confused and now it’s liket he 11th time and i just noticed it i finally noticed
Okay this is cute.
this is how you prank
THISSSS! Is totally how you prank!!!
Pranks should spread laughter to all in the prank, not cause someone pain and unnecessary stress while you laugh at their expense!
Saving dolphins is expected, but this guy saves a shark!!!
Thank you sir, for showing us there’s still some hope for humanity!
I had a look at the original video and news articles about this. Apparently the man was fishing and accidentally hooked the great white shark, but cut it loose; then he realized the poor thing was beached. What you don’t see here is what’s possibly the most awesome part: he realized the shark still had his hook in its mouth and went to the effort of removing the hook.
From the mouth of a live, distressed great white shark.
Which he then got back into the water and set free.
His name’s Shane Cox, and he’s a pretty damn awesome Australian for that.
Frollo, upon meeting Gaston for the first time. True story.
OK, reblogging because this is just too hilarious a plot twist/fic idea not to…